Wednesday 30 November 2016

30 Days of Waiting: Day 30

"It is finished! The battle is over! It is finished...there'll be no more war!"

As I came to write this post I immediately began singing the above line from the song "It Is Finished". These 30 days have come to an end. Have any of these days ever felt like a battle? Yes, they have. Have I ever felt like I was warring with my flesh to: (1) learn how to wait, and (2) stay consistent in these posts? Oh yes. But guess what? It is done! 

My circumstances have not changed. I'm still in #TheWait, but my perspective has changed greatly. I feel like I walked in obedience this month. I feel like I brought honor to my Father. I feel accomplished and at peace. I have renewed my mind on waiting, and it feels great. 

I no longer look at waiting as a burden, but as a necessary process: a purposeful, strategic process that I need to be ready for the next season of my life.

I have nicknamed this year #TheYearOfYes. I have said, "Yes" to almost every ask and, most importantly, to myself and to God. I feel like I am right where I need to be, doing exactly what I need to do. And that is to walk in purpose.

I pray these 30 days have inspired you in some way or another. Really, I just wanted to encourage others that they weren't alone in their wait. That being impatient doesn't have to be your life story. That the suspense and anxiety surrounding waiting does not have to last forever. Renew your mind, renew your life. Here's to the final 30 days of 2016. 

I love you all!

"Wait in inner beauty."

No comments:

Post a Comment