Saturday 9 November 2013

Wedding Vision Board


Ladies it's about to get personal! Growing up I was never one of those girls who planned her wedding. My best friend and I would always tease and say we wanted a double wedding (she's married now so that dream goes bye-bye haha) and that's about it. Instead, I planned general things: I gave myself an age to be married by (I wish I could find these lists), an age to have my children, etc. You know, regular girl stuff. 

Aside from that I planned my education and the entire interior and exterior of my home (keeping in mind of course that my husband has tastes too). When I was in grade 4 - at the tender age of 9 - I knew I was going to St Anne's for grade 7 (did that!), the College of the Bahamas for 2 years (did that!) and to McMaster University in Canada (didn't do that lol but I ended up in Canada all the same). I'm saying all this to say...I'm a planner! I plan everything! And when I can't plan, I'm nervous. (That's a part of why this walk with God takes so much out of me...because I have to trust in someone else's plan, without knowing what the plan is. Scary huh? lol)

Anyway...lately it has been on my heart to plan my wedding. There is a lot of discussion about 2014 vision boards going on now since the year is coming to a close so I decided to do a...you bet ya!...wedding vision board. Let me just throw in there that I am not engaged...but...well, God knows. The only aspect of my wedding I knewwww I wanted to have in years previous was an empty first pew on the bride's side filled with flowers to represent the presence of my mother (who passed away when I was 12) and other mother figures I have lost. Still, what came up out of my heart today was very, very specific.


I am sharing this very personal (yet not so personal) aspect of my life because you need to know it's okay to hope. It's okay to place your desires in God's hands and let Him bring them to pass. It's okay Beautiful to want these things. It's okay to say here God, I know people say I should just want you, but I offer up my deepest, heartfelt desires for you to safeguard. Here is my undivided heart with all of my secret needs, desires and wants hidden inside. Here Lord is my offering.

Ladies I pray that you let go of your heartbreak. I pray you let go of your pain. I pray you open up your heart and accept your healing. I pray you open up yourselves to love again. Please, take your hand off of the pen and let God write your love story.

Let's both wait in inner beauty.


Love always,

Zemi 
NB: I created the board in Microsoft Publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment