Saturday 27 July 2013

Like The Ball

You have to promise to treat me like the ball:
To love the way I feel in your hands
To care about me more than the placement of your headband
To protect me from all who try to steal me away
To be ready for me whenever I'm in play
To carefully consider where you pass me
To practice so you learn how to handle me
To adjust your grip when necessary 
To be mindful of the shot clock and the time that you have me
To let me spin, hit the floor and come back to your palm
To keep your eyes on me as you run down the court
To be willing to chase me before I go out of bounds
To realize no one from the other team should be my rebound
To learn all the tricks when you're on the offensive
To remember what you have and what you should be defending
To listen to the coach so you won't go wrong
To pray you get this right so each shot goes in the basket, to limit turnovers and win a championship

You have to treat me like the ball...not the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment