Wednesday 31 July 2013

Character Development: God Don't Like Ugly (UPDATE)

About a week ago I wrote an entry concerning what God had been revealing to me about my character. You can read the full article here. At the time, God had provided me with the first step in beautifying my character:


(1) Cleave to women who are carrying Godly anointing.

Today I'm happy to announce that I have received the second step:



(2) Memorize and meditate upon scripture.

The word needs to be made flesh through our lives. To see real change in our lives we need to truly meditate on God's word. Take time to really savor His goodness. We need to learn of God's ways because we are taught that He is the same now as He was then. To truly have joy we need to be able to trust and rely on God's promises. To do that we need to know what God's promises are and get an idea of His track record in promise keeping and fulfillment. And to do that we need to dig deep into God's word. 

Ladies this is so, so important to our growth. When we begin to memorize and mediate upon God's word we will see chains broken in our lives. I'm getting excited just thinking about it because I really need to learn some verses. I've read the whole New Testament and I'm almost through the Old, but I have yet to truly sit and mediate on the word. Right not I'm just gobbling it all up. And while it is good to have an overview of the entire book, it is even better to do an in depth analysis of each chapter, each paragraph and more so of each line.

Ladies I know that more is to come. God is revealing the way step by step. Let's continue developing Godly character by following these steps: 


  1. Form a relationship with Christ. Choose relationship over religion. Dive into God’s word daily. Buy pretty pens that make you want to highlight your Bible. Begin writing in a journal. Pour your heart out to God and cling to Him. Make Him your best friend. Watch and see how quickly He starts talking to you and revealing YOUR STUFF. 
  2. Cleave to Godly women. This is listed as Step One above but I would not have known this if it wasn't for my actual relationship with God. 
  3. Remove negative influences. Clean up your social media. I spend a lot of time on Twitter and some of the posts are so draining I literally have to put my hand over the white space until I see the name of someone that I know talks sense. It’s just not worth it. Stop watching LHHATL, Basketball Wives and related shows. These shows breed drama and don't set good examples for your life. These days I fill my head with so much positivity that negativity doesn't have a chance to take root and I encourage you to do the same. 
  4. Memorize scripture. The scripture comes from the mouth of man, but it is God-breathed. The words of the Bible are God's words. Through reading we learn the ways of God, the love of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. In addition we are gifted with countless examples of individuals who lived for God, made mistakes along the way, proclaimed the Good News, saw His glory revealed, etc, etc, etc. I know this song is carnal but it's in my head right now in reference to The Word, "I'm about to diveeee in!"
  5. Pray. This is a major step. Ask God to crucify your flesh, to give you a heart filled with new desires, to give you a new attitude & new mindset. Ask God to equip you with the Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22). Ask him to show you your flaws & most importantly ask Him to hold your hand as you walk through this process. You’re going to need His comfort because this is a tough road. 

Just in case any of you needed confirmation that this new step is legit look at the message I received within minutes of posting Step Two onto Facebook:
Hope all is well with you! I just saw your status and I found it interesting because it was the topic for my devotional. I attached the link if you wish to read: http://purposedriven.com/blogs/dailyhope/index.html?contentid=13199
It just so happens that on this very day her devotional was entitled "The Value of Memorizing Scripture". Now if that isn't confirmation I don't know what is. Ladies this is real. 

This is my life now. I'm so excited to be walking with God, to have the opportunity to learn more about Him and to be growing daily. I long for each of you to come along with me. Let's be great warriors for Him. Let's bring virtue back! Let's make a gentle and quiet spirit look tun up lol Let's just fall in loveeee...with the greatest love, with LOVE, with God. Here we go ladies. Here we go.





Related Articles:
character calls. by Ashlee Chu

No comments:

Post a Comment