Sunday 20 November 2016

30 Days of Waiting: Day 20

This morning I woke up at 6am to go to the gym. I didn't want to in the moment, but I knew I had carefully laid out my cloths and shoes the night before. I knew I had looked down at my belly and thought, "Zemi you need to go work out." But when the moment came I just did not want to go. Because I took time to reflect on my reasons for wanting to go in the first place, I somehow mustered the energy to get out of bed to go to the gym. Mind you, I didn't do much, but I felt so proud of myself for getting up this morning and remembering my why. (That's a topic for later.)

As soon as I get onto the 18th floor (where the hotel gym was), my spirit became grieved because they were blasting songs I really didn't need in my spirit at 6 am. I tried reading the Bible on my iPad but easily got frustrated with the noise around me. I then decided to listen to a sermon. Avrielle had previously recommended Juanita Bynum's "No Sheets" sermon from 1999 so when I saw it on my YouTube feed I thought, "Hey, why not?!" This sermon really went to my core and has shaped my views on many of the traits that I exhibit. Tomorrow I plan to go back to "Who's Waiting With You?" but for now please give the sermon a listen.

Be blessed.

Love,
Zemi

No comments:

Post a Comment