Thursday 3 November 2016

30 Days of Waiting: Day 3

Who Are You Really Waiting For?
The most effective way to calm your heart about waiting is to consider the reason(s) you are waiting. Ponder upon why God has extended this season of your life. Are you being obedient? Have you heeded His instruction? Have you done your part (that is, what God has deemed to be required of you) or are you stagnant? Have you decided to do nothing but throw a pity party? Do you constantly complain about your circumstances to anyone who will listen? 

These are important questions: ones that must be reflected upon and brought before the Lord as you seek clarity on these matters.

Perhaps you're having an Israelite moment and are extending your 11 day journey through "the wilderness" to 40 years because of your rebellious ways and nagging mouth.

So I ask you, are you really waiting on...you?

Today, if only you would hear his voice,

“Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah,
as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness,
where your ancestors tested me;
they tried me, though they had seen what I did.
For forty years I was angry with that generation;
I said, ‘They are a people whose hearts go astray,
and they have not known my ways.’
So I declared on oath in my anger,
‘They shall never enter my rest.’
Psalm 95: 8 - 11

"Who were they who heard and rebelled? Were they not all those Moses led out of Egypt? And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies perished in the wilderness? And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed? So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief."
Hebrews 3: 16 - 18

Don't extend your season of weariness any longer than it need be. Listen, obey, believe and enter into His rest.

Love always,
Zemi


P.S. Remember to follow AvrielleB's reflections here.

No comments:

Post a Comment