Wednesday 2 November 2016

30 Days of Waiting: Day 2

Day 2
When my former relationship ended, I drove through a family-oriented neighbourhood with tears welling in my eyes. Why? I could literally see my timeline for the house, car and family I wanted float years into the future. If I had stayed in that relationship I know I would be married by now (my 26th year), but, for whatever reason, that relationship wasn't God's will for my life. As I drove by basketball rims, toys scattered over lawns, and his and hers cars, I knew in my heart that my next season would require waiting and a lot of it. I knew I wasn't going to have one of those whirlwind romances. You know the ones where the couple date, get engaged and married all in a 12 month span. No. I knew my next relationship would require waiting--years of waiting.

Still, I accept my portion. I am blessed to be with someone who has many of the traits I spent years praying for. I was amazed when he came into my life because I had no idea men like him existed, and especially not in my geographical location. Sometimes I wonder why I have such a nagging in me to rush the gift: to dash straight through this season without ever looking up. But I know the answer. It's my flesh. My flesh wants me to dash into marriage without even knowing what marriage is nor what submission looks like. Today, my mouth is still reckless. Today, I still tend to exhibit rebellion and disrespect. Today, I still want to storm off if I don't get my way. Today, I am not ready. And so, for me, the wait is necessary.

Verse of the Day
"Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you:
       Do not arouse or awaken love
                until it so desires."

          Songs 8:4


Song of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment